Over 20 years experience in business and commercial litigation
Commercial or Business Litigation involves all types of lawsuits regarding the interpretation or enforcement of contracts or business arrangements between individuals and/or corporations. These cases may deal with real estate commission disputes, enforcement of real estate contracts, collection matters, enforcement or defense of covenants not to compete, business fraud or deceptive practices, interruption or dissolution of businesses. In short, business or commercial litigation involving all legal disputes between parties with the exception of personal injury, family law or criminal matters. These are some other types of commercial/business litigation cases handled by the Arcia Law Firm:
- Breach of Contract: Actions for breach of contract against vendors, clients, employees, former employees, employers, real estate or business partners, or any other entity where a contract exists between a business and another person or entity or between participants in a business.
- Business Dissolutions: Disputes between or among members of a business resulting in the dissolution or termination of the business.
- Shareholder or Partnership Disputes: Disagreements between shareholders or partners that may involve the relative rights and responsibilities of the business owners, salaries or distributions made to the owners and other issues involving the day to day running of the business.
- Agreements Limiting Competition: Agreements limiting competition include non-compete, non-disclosure, and non-solicitation agreements. Pre-trial injunctions and restraining orders are common in these types of cases.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Persons in positions of trust who abuse or misuse that trust may have violated their fiduciary obligation. Majority shareholders, for example, may owe a fiduciary obligation to minority shareholders, officers and directors of a corporation to their shareholders, or trustees to the beneficiaries of a trust.
- Tortious Interference with Contractual or Business Relations: These disputes arise when one person or entity has a contract or a business relationship with another and someone else wrongfully interferes with that contract or relationship.
- Debt Collections: Collecting past due amounts for businesses from clients and other businesses or individuals, or defending those collection actions by businesses, credit card companies, homeowners’ associations, and others.
- Fraud and Deceptive Trade Practices: Fraud, misrepresentation, or deception in business such as misrepresentations in product quality, financials of businesses bought or sold, or square footage or other qualities of real estate.
- Purchase and Sale Contracts: Litigation over purchase and sale contracts can involve disputes concerning the purchase and sale of land, businesses, buildings, or product or the transfer or assignment of leases.
- Misuse of Intellectual Property: Copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, service marks and patents are all forms of intellectual property which if misused can give rise to litigation involving intellectual property rights.
The attorneys at the Arcia Law Firm have represented scores of business owners and individuals in commercial litigation matters like those detailed above over the last twenty years. Over the last few years, however, we have specialized in real estate commercial litigation due to economic collapse of the real estate market in Florida.
The attorneys at the Arcia Law Firm have represented scores of business owners and individuals in commercial litigation matters like those detailed above over the last twenty years., if you need assistance please fill out our Free Consultation Form or Call Us Now! 954-437-9066.Our Firm guarantee is that each new client will meet with an attorney, not with a secretary or paralegal. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and evaluate your case free of charge.